Our Aims

Our Club's aims are to:

Learn collaboratively about the history, heritage and archaeology of Norwich and Norfolk

Develop resources and activities that contribute to the wider community’s understanding of history and archaeology

Develop activities that enhance/maintain the wellbeing and emotional resilience of club members

Be actively inclusive – open, accessible and welcoming to all


Thursday 29 November 2012

Next Club Meeting - 'Walls Speak: Discovering Norfolk's Medieval Graffiti'

Come along and find out why we call this
'Andrew's Horse'
For those of you who have attended the Norwich Community History Club thus far, it will come as no surprise to learn that next Tuesday's sessions will be about one of my passions: medieval 'graffiti' (take note of the inverted commas - they're there for a reason). I'm heavily involved with the community archaeology project, The Norfolk Medieval Graffiti Survey, and in this presentation I will share with you some of the projects discoveries. 

When & Where...
Tuesday 4th December 
10:30 informal gathering in Marzanos Cafe (in Norwich Forum, ground floor, near piano)
11:00-12:00 presentation, 'Walls Speak: Discovering Norfolk's Medieval Graffiti'. 

Speaker: Colin Howey (Deputy Director of the Norfolk Medieval Graffiti Survey)

STOP PRESS!
Future speakers who have agreed to come and speak to our Club so far (specifics to be arranged):

  • Sophie Cabot, archaeologist and Engagement Manager at HEART (HEritage  And Regeneration Trust)
  • Professor Carole Rawcliffe, professor of medieval history at UEA
  • Brian Ayers, former Norfolk county archaeologist
We are really grateful for the amazing support and contributions being given to our venture thus far - thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone able to do a history talk for my group in north Walsham on war agriculture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      I've been having a think about this and, to be honest, I can't think of anyone at this point. However, if I do I would be very happy to pass on a contact to you. If you could email me via howeychoosetouseit@gmail.com, then I will be able to let you know if I do find someone.

      Thanks,
      Colin

      Delete